Monday, October 6, 2008

OMG UR Fat!

That's right, YOU! You are fat. Not that I really needed to say it. If you're an american and you're reading this, there is at least a 64% chance that I'm right. The other 36% of you probably think you are so I'm just supporting your negative self image. I think I'm allowed to say it too. I think that I, as a fat guy, can call you fat and get away with it. Either way, I just did. So get over it.

Now the question is, What are we going to do about it? There is a plethora of diet advice available from your doctor, in magazines, on the web, in your office, probably even in your own head. My advice is to try the latest, 3 minutes a day, high carb, low fat, high protein, Snickers and Pepsi, lot's of grapefruit juice, bowel cleansing, buy my product bullshit that's in the back of your current issue of the Enquirer. Or, just eat healthier and exercise. I can't help you figure out how to get yourself to actually exercise, but I did find some very simple, easy to follow advice for healthy eating. Are your ready for this?

Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

That's it? That's it. Dr. Harriet Hall, the skepdoc writes a review of "In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto" by Michael Pollan. Check out the review here. Then, go buy the book. Read the book. Wrap the used book in newspaper. Send me the book so I can read it too. It's a win-win for everyone.

There is more great eating advice in the review and I'm sure in the book as well. Check out one or both. And as soon as I figure out the trick to exercising regularly, I'll let you know. Until then, we're still fat, and we're still sitting here looking at a computer screen getting even fatter. Go do some push-ups! Now!


3 comments:

nataliechase said...

Some might remember you as less than skinny. Some may even seem to remember man boobs. I certainly do. Ever been with a man? It just sounds to me like you are really interested in men, not truly beautiful women.

Shane said...

Thanks, that's very enlightening. Man boobs? Still got em thank you very much.

How drunk are you at 2:11 AM on a Friday?

MitchW said...

Geez Shane, this comment seems like something a drunk ex-girlfriend would write...
Got any of 'em that are apparently still hung up on you?