Friday, October 24, 2008

Jane, You Ignorant Slut.


Sarah actually. Look, even Jesus thinks your an idiot, and science has done him very few favors. I hate just stealing juicy material from PZ but he has like 10,000 loyal atheist servants searching the intertubez day and night to dig this shit up and I have only me. Palin has made some comments that are driving me crazy. It's really nothing new, but watching the video and seeing her facial expressions somehow makes me hate her more.

I had a recent discussion with a coworker and came to the conclusion that almost the entire reason that I've become associated with the left is that the fuckwits on the right have made it their business to misinterpret, misunderstand, misuse, and misrepresent science. Palin and McCain ridicule fruitfly research, population genetics, and the infamous "overhead projector" at every opportunity. I'm starting to believe that they really are this stupid. Many if not most genetic discoveries are made because we fund studies on fruit flies. Grizzly bear population studies are directly related to other mammal populations (like umm, humans), and I've already responded to the idiotic remarks about the projector. See the video below the fold or go check it out at Pharyngula. Oh, and unless you're Mitch, sorry about the last post.

.

No comments: