Friday, October 10, 2008

The Fall of McCarthyism!


No, not that McCarthyism, this McCarthyism. That picture is scary. I think she wants to eat my liver with some Vicia faba and a nice homeopathic wine (Klarbrunn perhaps?). I'm not sure if that's funny but will let it ride. The Scienceblogs Book Club is discussing a new book: Autisms False Prophets, by Paul Offit. There's also a great review here. I haven't read it but it's on my list. Unfortunately, it's a long list and I have precious little time to read. However, if you have questions regarding autism and would like to know what the medical community really thinks about the claims being made by Jenny McCarthy and the like, it may be worth your time.

More reading about the vaccine controversy is available here. As always, consider your source.

2 comments:

Liz Ditz said...

Be sure to check out Stop Jenny McCarthy, and the companion pieces: Jay Gordon, PediatricianWarrior ? and Dr. Jay Gordon and me

Shane said...

I just ran across the Stop Jenny McCarthy website yesterday and read the Dr. Jay Gordon and Me article this morning. I sneak over to Respectful Insolence every once in a while too.

Your parenting blog looks interesting. I'll check it out a bit more when I have a chance.